10 quick tips to improve you small business
- Keep Score: It's amazing how few small businesses have any idea of the daily, weekly, and monthly numbers and financial trends in the organization. Spend the necessary time keeping current on cash flow and if you lack the financial skills then hire an accountant.
- Set Goals: Like keeping score, setting goals and objectives is an essential part of business success.
- Use High Impact Marketing: It's easy to waste money on ineffective marketing. Learn how to use love budget marketing to improve your small business.
- Master Business Presentations: A powerful business presentation can help improve your small business by leaps and bounds. Learning the essentials of a knockout business presentation can reap many rewards.
- Monitor Trends: No business operates in a vacuum. The events and changes in the global landscape have an effect on your business. Stay current on trends and issues.
- Sharpen Selling Skills: A high return area for business improvement is the sales function. Whether you're selling to big companies or managing a sales team, never forget to focus on sales improvement.
- Find Best Practices: Every industry has its own best practices or ways of doing things that are tried and true. Avoid wasting money and time reinventing the industry is generally a good approach unless you're set on building the next Goggle.
- Motivate Staff: Talented and motivated staff members can bring on big improvements in business. Learn what motivates your employees to higher levels of performance.
- Know Your Limits: Every successful business owner, even Bill Gates, has a clear idea of their limitations. By knowing your entrepreneur personality type, you can manage your resources and find help in areas of weakness.
- Take a Break: Running a small business is hard work. Sometimes the best way to improve your business and re-ignite your passion is to take a vacation.